Sources, Interaction with Matter, Detection and Analysis of Low Energy Electrons 2017 (SIMDALEE2017)
Organized by the SIMDALEE2-network
- Prof. Wolfgang Werner (Vienna University of Technology, AT)
- Prof. Mehmet Erbudak (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, CH)
- Prof. Rafal Dunin-Borkowski (Forschungszentrum Jülich, DE)
- Dr. Ilona Müllerova (Institute of Scientific Instruments, CZ)
- Prof. Giovanni Stefani (Universita Roma Trè, IT)
- Prof. Antonella Rossi (Universita Cagliari, IT)
- Dr. Kevin Jensen (Naval Research Labs, US)
- Prof. Jürgen Kirschner (Max Planck Institute for Microstructure Research, Halle, DE)
- Wolfgang Werner (Vienna University of Technology, AT)
- Ernst-Dieter Janotka (Vienna University of Technology, AT)
- Vytautas Astasauskas (Vienna University of Technology, AT)
- Maria Steiner (Vienna University of Technology, AT)
- Sabrina Masur (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Alessandra Bellissimo (Universita Roma Trè, IT)
- Marzia Fantauzzi (University of Cagliari, IT)
- Ashish Suri (University of York, UK)
Low Energy Electrons are becoming increasingly important in many different fields of science and technology. Specialised techniques are emerging to study phenomena related to low energy electrons near solid surfaces. These comprise measurements of correlated electron pairs using coincidence techniques, cathode lens technology, near field emission electron microscopy, electron holography, and others.
Contributions are invited for theoretical, experimental, instrumental and data analysis aspects of the following topics
- Secondary Electron Emission
- Electron-Solid Interaction
- Correlation Spectroscopy on Surfaces
- Photo- & Field-Emission
- Electron Microscopy and Spectroscopy
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Nanotechnology & Novel Materials
- Biomaterials, Interaction with LEE
- Spin and Magnetism
The conference language will be English.
Abstracts of contributions to the scientific program during the oral and poster sessions as well as invited lectures will be compiled in a programme booklet. Abstracts are expected to arrive no later than March 31st, 2017 and should be submitted electronically. For preparation and submission follow the instructions on the abstract submission page.
A conference outing will be organised to visit one of the more than 3000 year old Phoenician settlements in Sardinia at the site of Nora (shown on the picture at the left below). From there a short bus ride will take us to one of the most beautiful beaches of the island, Chia, ( the two pictures at the right) where we will have a drink and a swim, so don't forget to take your swim suit!
Apart from the welcome-reception and the conference excursion, a whiskey degustation is planned on one of the evenings. A gala-dinner with subsequent party will take place in the wild-duck restaurant in the eucalyptus forest between the Hotel Flamingo and the neighbouring hotel Pineta Mare
|November 7, 2016||Call for abstracts & first announcement|
|April 26, 2017||Abstract submission DL|
|April 28, 2017||Notification of abstract acceptance|
|May 2, 2017||Invoice Registration fee payment|
|May 15, 2017||Participation fee payment Deadline|
We will only be able to accommodate a limited number of participants and will operate registration strictly on a first/some first serve basis.
You are therefore prompted to register for this event as soon as possible by visiting the online registration page